It’s been two months since I started The No More Excuses Diet. Last month wasn’t my best month but I have since changed my attitude. There are several things that I have done differently that I will share with you today. I have also been tracking my measurements and have some good results!!
So what has changed?
1. I joined a gym. No, I did not re-join Planet Fitness, I joined an actual gym that has classes that I enjoy taking.
2. I met with a trainer. In addition to her giving me some stellar tips and a gym schedule, we also went over everything that I eat on a daily basis. Turns out I don’t eat enough!
3. So I changed my diet. I now eat a lot more protein throughout the day and only have protein shakes after I work out.
4. I have a gym schedule that I stick to. 2 days a week I strength train and the other days I do cardio. My goal is to be in the gym 3-4 times a week. But, I’m not going to be hard on myself if I don’t make it some days. I need to learn that it’s okay to miss a day.
The results are in:
Hips: Starting at 41.5 inches, currently at 39 inches
Waist: No change just yet
Right thigh: Starting at 25 inches, currently at 23 inches
Left thigh: Starting at 25 inches around, currently at 23.5 inches
Right arm: Starting at 15 inches around, currently at 12 inches
Left arm: Starting at 15 inches around, currently at 13 inches
The best tips I can give?
- Ditch the scale! Seriously, just put it away. The scale will not tell you if you have lost inches and not seeing the scale move can be really depressing.
- I would also recommend taking your measurements. If you are working hard, it will show.
I am really excited to see how the next month goes-I feel really determined now that I have seen a few results! I am heading to a wedding this week in Chicago, so here’s hoping I can keep up with my good eating habits-but they have deep dish pizza, so all bets are off!
I hope everyone is having a great week!