by Lesley Kim I love, love, love living in Los Angeles, Ca. It is one of the few places that if you want, you can snowboard in the morning, go to the sand dunes in the afternoon, and watch the sun set at the beach, all in ONE day. I am not a Los Angeles…
Habits can be good or bad but in my case they tend to be mostly bad. I have a lot of bad habits across the board. It got me thinking that perhaps other people shared similar if not the same bad habit. If we work together I think we can break some of these. With summer approaching I would like to fix some of these for a slightly more stressless 3 months.
1. “I’ll do it in a minute” famous last words as I like to say, but seriously, how often do we utter those words throughout any given day and we never actually do what we’ve said we will do. I’m getting tired of remembering days later about something I was supposed to do. Tonight I finally cleaned out my car and wiped down my windshield so I could actually see. Every night I came home, I would say out loud, I really need to clean out my car. Each and every morning when I got into my car, I would say the same thing. Why do we let everything else stand in our way? Well tonight I took a stand and can not wait to get into my car tomorrow morning.
2. Keeping old makeup. I don’t know about you but this is a pretty bad habit that I currently have. I have a couple of reasons behind why I keep my makeup for so long but I know that I need to 86 those reasons and just buy new makeup. As of lately I keep seeing these awesome pins on Pinterist about how long you should be keeping your makeup. Clearly I know these rules but choose to ignore them, even though I’m supposed to be such a “Fashionista”. Well I’ll let you in on another secret, my eyes have been bothering me, and I WAS chalking it up to allergies but then it hit me, MY MASCARA IS OLD! Yup, one of these rules has finally come to bite me in the ass. It looks like I’ll be buying some tomorrow, oy vey. In all seriousness replacing items such as mascara and eyeliner can really be a good thing, especially if you’re prone to infections, and no one wants an eye infection.
3. Not drinking enough. No, I’m not talking about alcohol. Throughout my day and even more when I’m traveling I forget to drink liquids. In my case, water. I can’t drink soda or juice, so water is supposed to be my go-to. I keep using “busy” as an excuse but it really needs to stop being one. I feel about 100% better when I’ve consumed a decent amount of water during the course of day. It’s even more important when traveling to drink a lot. Elevations and dry air can make you really dehydrated and that’s awful when you’re supposed to be enjoying yourself. Most of my excuses when I’m traveling relate to “using the bathroom”. I hate using the bathroom when I’m traveling, especially on a plane, but it’s just one of those things that I’m pretty sure I need to get over. There are so many health benefits from staying hydrated that it should be a no brainer.
4. Road rage. Tonight I was driving home from work and about every 5 minutes or so I felt myself muttering under my breath or actually yelling at the car in front of me. I actually had to stop and think to myself, what is my damn rush? Why are we always in a rush? I’m literally ALWAYS in a rush. Whether it’s in my car or not, I am always rushing to go somewhere. When did that become the norm? I’ve figured out that I am such a bitch behind the wheel lately it’s not even funny, and for what? What does getting upset about another driver actually do? It doesn’t help the situation, it doesn’t get you where you need to be any faster, so why do we get so angry? I need to stop and I’m assuming a lot of people need to also. Just food for thought.
5. No Fun. When’s the last time you went out and had some straight up fun? You’re having trouble remembering because “fun” is far and few between. I’ve been dating lately and having some serious fun! It’s great to get out and meet people and experience new and exciting times. I’ve also been much more focused on “me”. After being in a relationship you really lose perspective on what matters most to you. Having fun is my new motto and I plan to stick with it throughout the next few months. I’m tired of losing myself to others and I’m looking forward to creating some new fun memories this summer.
So of course these are just my bad habits but I would like to think that some of you share these with me. It would be nice to break even at least one of these over the next couple of months. What are some of your bad habits?
Hi guys!! Sorry things have been cray around here lately but I PROMISE to stop forgetting you!!
So I started reading a new book and it dawned on me that I haven’t done a book list in a while. Over the past few months I’ve been reading a lot of really awesome book and I decided to share some of them with you. If you’re like me, then finding a good book can often be hard. I tend to read a lot of series but lately I have been reading one-off type books and that’s ok.
Ok so here we go:
1. The Rosie Project
I think I probably talked about this book on my personal Facebook page for a while, when I was reading it and then also when I was finished. It’s about a man who meets a girl who is trying to find her biological father. What makes this book great, is that, the man in the story has what I determined to be Autism. It is the pairing of this unlikely duo that really makes you root for both parties. I seriously couldn’t put this book down. If you’re a fan of The Big Bang Theory then you will love this.
2. Soy Sauce for Beginners
Another one-off type of novel but with a great story to tell. This book is about a woman, who travels back to her families soy sauce factory in hopes to eventually take over and run it. She leaves a life behind in San Fransisco and also a potential divorce. This story really makes you stop and think about which direction your life is headed in.
3. How to Eat a Cupcake
While this story makes you hungry it also makes you feel a connection to both parties involved. A story about two girls from two different worlds, who put their differences aside and open up a cupcakery. I can’t give too much away but there is some mouth-watering cupcakes described as well as some mouth-watering men described. It’s definitely a must for the beach.
I will warn you that this book has not been finished yet BUT I feel so strongly that I’m adding it to the list. You will find this book in the Teen Fiction/Fantasy section (don’t judge me) and even though it was literally just purchased last night I’ve read so much and can’t wait to read the second book. This book is a combination of the television show The Bachelor and the movie The Hunger Games. I know it sounds like an odd combination but trust me when I tell you how remarkable story and the writing really are. Set in a different time and country this book really sucks you in from the first chapter.
I swear by all of these books and really think they are fantastic reads! If you’ve read something great lately please leave a comment below, we would love to hear about it!
Oh boy it’s been awhile. I am so sorry. I can’t believe I let things get so out of hand. Not checking in on Facebook or Twitter and above all not updating this at all.
It’s been a rough couple of months for me. If you know me, you know why. For those of you who don’t, allow me to explain. I don’t typically stray from fashion and or travel on here, but allow me to divulge for a moment.
Many of you know I’ve only had a few serious relationships in my time. My last ex of 4 years cheated on me and then I met my most recent ex. Yes, I said ex. We were together for just over a year when we decided to break up at the end of February. The breakup was his doing not mine but it still was “for the best”. However we were living together. This hit me hard on a few levels. For starters this was my first apartment and the first person I ever truly lived with. It was ridiculously hard to pack up my life.
After the breakup shock wore off we decided to stay friends during the remainder of my stay in the apartment. During the month of March, I spent my time packing up my life and slowly moving it back home. Another thing that wasn’t sitting right with me, having to move home. It comes at a great point in my life however, I am starting school again, and of course paying out-of-pocket, so moving home was actually a better way for me to save money and start paying for school. So my breakup was actually a blessing in disguise? That’s what I’ve been telling myself to get through this horrific time.
So needless to say, the only thing I could do during the month of March was watch re-runs of Grey’s because it was comforting. I wanted to write here so badly but I just couldn’t focus on anything. So here I am, mostly settled back into my old bedroom and I’m ready to kick things up a notch around here. I hope you will forgive my absence, I’ve missed you all!
Over the past week or so an exchange has been made between Fashionista’s Travel and the website Mighty Travels. We were asked to be a part of their latest blogger interview series. It was quite the honor to make the cut! Below you will find a link to the interview and we would love all feedback possible.
Just when I start thinking that maybe I should throw in the towel and a chance like this comes up. I’m so glad I am part of the blogging community–it really is fantastic!
So you want to read the interview? Check it out here! Thanks so much Mighty Travels!