Habits can be good or bad but in my case they tend to be mostly bad. I have a lot of bad habits across the board. It got me thinking that perhaps other people shared similar if not the same bad habit. If we work together I think we can break some of these. With summer approaching I would like to fix some of these for a slightly more stressless 3 months.
1. “I’ll do it in a minute” famous last words as I like to say, but seriously, how often do we utter those words throughout any given day and we never actually do what we’ve said we will do. I’m getting tired of remembering days later about something I was supposed to do. Tonight I finally cleaned out my car and wiped down my windshield so I could actually see. Every night I came home, I would say out loud, I really need to clean out my car. Each and every morning when I got into my car, I would say the same thing. Why do we let everything else stand in our way? Well tonight I took a stand and can not wait to get into my car tomorrow morning.
2. Keeping old makeup. I don’t know about you but this is a pretty bad habit that I currently have. I have a couple of reasons behind why I keep my makeup for so long but I know that I need to 86 those reasons and just buy new makeup. As of lately I keep seeing these awesome pins on Pinterist about how long you should be keeping your makeup. Clearly I know these rules but choose to ignore them, even though I’m supposed to be such a “Fashionista”. Well I’ll let you in on another secret, my eyes have been bothering me, and I WAS chalking it up to allergies but then it hit me, MY MASCARA IS OLD! Yup, one of these rules has finally come to bite me in the ass. It looks like I’ll be buying some tomorrow, oy vey. In all seriousness replacing items such as mascara and eyeliner can really be a good thing, especially if you’re prone to infections, and no one wants an eye infection.
3. Not drinking enough. No, I’m not talking about alcohol. Throughout my day and even more when I’m traveling I forget to drink liquids. In my case, water. I can’t drink soda or juice, so water is supposed to be my go-to. I keep using “busy” as an excuse but it really needs to stop being one. I feel about 100% better when I’ve consumed a decent amount of water during the course of day. It’s even more important when traveling to drink a lot. Elevations and dry air can make you really dehydrated and that’s awful when you’re supposed to be enjoying yourself. Most of my excuses when I’m traveling relate to “using the bathroom”. I hate using the bathroom when I’m traveling, especially on a plane, but it’s just one of those things that I’m pretty sure I need to get over. There are so many health benefits from staying hydrated that it should be a no brainer.
4. Road rage. Tonight I was driving home from work and about every 5 minutes or so I felt myself muttering under my breath or actually yelling at the car in front of me. I actually had to stop and think to myself, what is my damn rush? Why are we always in a rush? I’m literally ALWAYS in a rush. Whether it’s in my car or not, I am always rushing to go somewhere. When did that become the norm? I’ve figured out that I am such a bitch behind the wheel lately it’s not even funny, and for what? What does getting upset about another driver actually do? It doesn’t help the situation, it doesn’t get you where you need to be any faster, so why do we get so angry? I need to stop and I’m assuming a lot of people need to also. Just food for thought.
5. No Fun. When’s the last time you went out and had some straight up fun? You’re having trouble remembering because “fun” is far and few between. I’ve been dating lately and having some serious fun! It’s great to get out and meet people and experience new and exciting times. I’ve also been much more focused on “me”. After being in a relationship you really lose perspective on what matters most to you. Having fun is my new motto and I plan to stick with it throughout the next few months. I’m tired of losing myself to others and I’m looking forward to creating some new fun memories this summer.
So of course these are just my bad habits but I would like to think that some of you share these with me. It would be nice to break even at least one of these over the next couple of months. What are some of your bad habits?