How to reuse Summer clothes for Fall? Allow me to share…
Now until recently I was never really the biggest fan of Fall. Changing weather and leaves never really got me too excited and one of the biggest issues was that I always felt like I never had enough clothes to get me through the first few months. Then I discovered the easiest way to make it through Fall (without shopping).
If your like me and have just headed back to work after having the Summer off then you know how tight the wallet is at the beginning of September. Instead of trying to buy a whole new wardrobe for Fall, take what you’ve worn all Summer and just add a few key pieces.
Lets talk about dresses
- Causal Summer dresses are not the best for this chilly morning weather we are having. One of the best things to do is to throw on some leggings underneath your dress.
A tip for strapless dresses: Put on a t-shirt (color corresponding) to the dress and simply wear the strapless dress over the shirt. It will look like it belongs and will also be weather appropriate.
- Another great piece to add to the dress and leggings are a pair of boots, I find that riding boots work better (more casual in nature) and also a long boyfriend style sweater.
- Light layers seem to be the trick to dressing for Fall.
Who wear’s short shorts?
If you spent all Summer long going out in your short shorts, have no fear you do not need to put them away just yet.
- Tights/leggings make the perfect addition to these shorts. Now before you tell me how you can’t pull this look off, think again. I recently pulled this look off in Denver, CO where the weather is just a bit cooler in the beginning of June. It is a look that once you dive into , you’ll be just fine.
- As far as shoes go, try on a pair of heels or a short bootie. I went for the latter.
Last but not least lets not forget about our t-shirts
I don’t know about you but I practically live in t-shirts year round. There is so much you can do with them.
- One of my favorite accessories for Fall is a blazer. Throwing on a blazer over a plain t-shirt can add so much to an outfit. Blazers work well with jeans, shorts, and even dresses.
If you haven’t already invested in a blazer you should do so. They can be quite the lifesaver.
That being said, just because the cooler weather is upon us and Fall is knocking on the door, don’t let that ruin your wardrobe. I think you’ll find with time that Fall is actually a GREAT time for clothes and working those options. And lets face it that’s half the fun in being a girl or someone just obsessed with fashion. So now you know how to reuse your Summer clothes for Fall, enjoy!