Anybody who knows me knows that I love to travel. I also love talking about items that I carry on EVERY single trip. Fashion and travel can go hand-in-hand so why not make every trip a fashion savvy one?! I have written posts about travel essentials many times; road trips, conferences, cruises; it never gets old. When asked to compile a list of must-have essentials by RelayRides, a fabulous airport car rental service, of course I said yes!
But first lets discuss how important RelayRides could be to you on your next trip. RelayRides offers real people a real chance to rent cars from actual people. It’s really great to share with other’s in the community, similar to couchsurfing, being able to help out others in the travel world is a huge part of what we do.
Here’s the skinny:
Find your perfect car
Enter your travel dates and search the city or airport where you need a car. As you browse through our unbeatable selection of diverse vehicles, use filters to help find the vehicle that best suits your needs.
Rent the car
Once you’ve identified that perfect car, go ahead and rent it. The car’s owner has 24 hours to give an official confirmation, and they often respond faster.
RelayRides is a really great idea and will be on my to-do list the next time I travel. Now It’s been awhile since I have created a must-have list and since there are so many great new products out there, I decided to share my list with you!
1. A jean or denim jacket is a must. I don’t care if you are traveling to the Caribbean or Alaska. There are so many different ways to wear a jean jacket. It is not about warmth, it is about style. Think about that next time you hit the road.
2. Flats. More specifically flats that fold up into a cute little ball. They won’t be the most comfortable thing for walking around but they can come out in a pinch if need be.
3. A fabulous bag. It’s tough when traveling to pick a bag that can go from day to-night. Finding a cute semi-large tote is always perfect for travel–easily stores a lot but looks super cute when sight-seeing.
4. Travel wallet. I’ve been using a travel wallet for quite some time. Travel wallets are bigger and generally longer in length. You can hold various types of ID and money. They can often turn into a clutch for those nights out.
5. A scarf. I love scarfs. There are so many different ways to wear them and they can really dress up any outfit. If you stick with basic colors you can really get a lot of use out of them.
6. Umbrella. Not just your grandmothers umbrella, but splurge on a cute travel sized one and you will always be stylish and dry.
7. Makeup brushes. Not full size but travel sized. You would be surprised to see how many times people forget these basic but must have items. If you spend a little money on a travel size set and keep it with your carry-on you will never be without.
8. Moisturizer. I’m not talking about the kind you can find in the travel bins of Target and CVS, but a really good small-ish bottle of some great moisturizer. I don’t like to skimp on items just because I am traveling, trust me you will feel better knowing you are using worth-while products.
9. Lotion. This is sort of no-brainer but like I was saying above, invest in something that will actually get the job done.
10. A good lip gloss. Yet another item that often goes overlooked. I never leave home, never mind a trip without at least 3 lip products. I use a Chapstick, a lip gloss, and a lipstick. You never know when the mood will strike!
For a complete list of all my FAVORITE must-have travel essentials, take a look down below for a shopping and price guide. Happy travels!
$56 – vestiairecollective.com
$380 – vanmildert.com
$200 – johnlewis.com
$140 – nordstrom.com