Sexy, yep the word sexy just sends a slew of images and feelings right through the brain and you can’t help but smile.
I have noticed that when it comes to work and especially traveling people tend to get less sexy and a lot more practical, aka boring. (Now please do not confuse sexy with slutty). I am talking about that sexy feeling you get when you know you look and feel good. How on earth are we supposed to look sexy when we don’t even feel it?
Traveling sexy comes in both equal parts fashion and confidence. I don’t know about you but I never feel worse when I’m just lounging around looking like I’ve been sick all week on the couch, sure sweatpants are super comfortable and I’d be lying if I said I never wore them, but lets take a look at how we feel when we travel in our “comfortable” clothing.
- Personally I feel comfortable for the first hour of traveling but after that I start to feel grubby and am ready to spruce things up. So here is what I suggest.(I’m not telling you to board that 757 in an evening gown or tux because comfort is a factor, however I believe that you do not have to sacrifice style instead).
I am going to give you 4 pieces of clothing that will keep you comfortable, stylish, and feeling your sexiest when traveling.
- The skinny pant: notice I did not say skinny jean. The skinny pant does include jeans but there are so many other skinny pants out there now that do not include denim but are equally as cute and twice as comfortable. My personal pick Lauren Conrad for Kohls
- Flat or wedge riding boots: notice I am speaking for these winter blues but there is nothing like a good comfortable stylish boot to keep things feeling and looking good. My personal pick Mossimo for Target
- A plain tee-shirt, any color. You want to pick something fitted, nothing overly baggy because that just takes the whole look away. I would stick to basic whites, blues, and blacks; you can match nearly any sweater with it. My personal pick Flutter Sleeve tops from Old Navy
- The basic cardigan. Yep, it doesn’t get more simpler than that. I would suggest a bright color to really pop such as a red, pink, or deep blue. I recommend butting a few buttons in the middle to give it some shape to your body. My personal pick Poinsettia Cardigan from Old Navy
So it seems pretty simple right? Well give it a try and let me know what you think. I wouldn’t travel any other way!
Happy shopping xoxo